Learn To Protect Your Investment
- Termidor is one of the most thoroughly tested termiticides in history.
- Its unique ingestion, contact, and "Transfer Effect" manages colonies in 3 months or less
- A responsible, low-dose, odorless treatment
- Manages colonies 2 to 6 times faster than bait
Your home is likely to be the most expensive purchase you'll ever make. Of course, the destruction brought on by termites can ruin your investment. That's why you need to take steps to prevent it from happening. A good start is to read this pictorial guide.
Here, you'll discover the major differences between Termidor® liquid termiticide and bait/monitoring systems. You'll learn about the "Transfer Effect ™", what "recruiting" means, and the results you can expect to see from using different methods of controlling termites.
The "Transfer Effect" controls the whole colony in three months or less.
Termites feed each other primarily by passing food from mouth to mouth. They groom each other. They contact each other as they forage for food. Termidor takes advantage of these social behaviors.
As well as eating Termidor, a termite will also unknowingly pick it up and carry it back to the colony on its body. So every termite it contacts, feeds, or grooms will itself become a carrier, contacting and "infecting" others.
But because the active ingredient in Termidor is slow acting, and allows the termite to continue its normal routine, it remains active long enough to transfer the Termidor to a large number of other termites in the colony before dying itself.
This combination of ingestion, contact, and the "Transfer Effect" results in unparalleled efficacy. Eight-plus years of test data show Termidor provides 100% control. And Termidor delivers results in 3 months or less. That's 2 to 6 times faster than a bait/monitoring system.
Recruiting Can Take Years to Control a Colony
Many termite bait/monitoring systems work by recruitment, which means termites eat the bait and return to the colony to recruit others to eat the bait. However, this process cannot begin until activity is identified in a monitoring station. Bait/ monitoring systems can take months to years to control a colony. Termidor provides 100% control in three months or less. To learn more about how Termidor compares to bait/monitoring systems - some of which use recruitment to control termites - consult the easy-to-follow pictorial guide below.
Additional Termidor Facts
- Termidor does not require any special new equipment for application. It uses an industry standard technique that is widely accepted.
- 100 gallons of diluted Termidor solution contains only 8.4 ounces of active ingredient. ( .06 rate WG formulation)
- Termidor isn't affected by debris, dryness, insects, or fungal decay.
- The odds of termites foraging or tunneling through a Termidor-treated zone are much greater than running into a bait/monitoring station.
- Termidor is effective throughout all of the U.S. and abroad, with all types of soil, in all kinds of climates, and on many species of termites.